Compounding Bases

Spectrum Compounding Bases

Buy Two Get One FREE until April 30, 2020*!
*Some bases excluded. Phone orders only - Call 800.370.6231 to place your order. Offer valid through April 30, 2020.
Promotion applies only to 500 g and 4.5 Kg sizes. Cannot combine offers - excludes special pricing such as Online OTS or other promotions.


Spectrum Pharmacy Products offers a new line of pharmaceutical bases to meet the unique needs of your patients and your formulations. Whether you are compounding for hormone replacement therapy, dermatology, veterinary applications or pain formulas, you can trust the performance of these high-quality bases from Spectrum. Our bases are designed for compounding efficiencies and high API loads. Most of the products are ready-to-use with no wetting required; this feature allows for active pharmaceuticals to be mixed directly into the cream bases, saving time and aiding effective formulation. The bases have undergone extensive performance and stability studies, all downloadable on the page below.

 

Spectrum has the right base to accommodate all concerns including skin type, sensitivities, and active ingredient compatibility. In addition to our new high-performance compounding bases, we continue to offer our Niosome-forming bases for enhanced absorption of commonly compounded APIs. Request your Free Base sample today! Ask your Sales Rep or call 800-370-6231.

Durabase Advanced Cream is a robust transdermal base that provides a cosmetically elegant, dry feel to the touch. The product is scientifically designed for broad API compatibility and solubility while being able to accommodate a wide pH range.

Durabase Cream is a versatile base with an elegant texture and broad uses. The product is designed for long shelf life and temperature stability, providing a superior alternative to PLO’s. Its broad API solubility and stability make it an excellent choice for a range of compounding formulations.

Lipocream Base is a heavy cream with additional emollients for moisturization of dehydrated skin. The product is scientifically designed for higher API loads and solvent concentrations, making it ideal for dermatology, pain, veterinary and sports medicine formulations.

Omnibase is an oil-free moisturizing base with enhanced, natural skin penetration designed to handle hydrophilic and lipophilic API’s. This cream is stable with a wide range of pH, capable of holding high salts and polar compounds and providing great flexibility for compounding formulations.

HRT Cream Botanical Base is a light weight cream that is designed for sustained skin penetrations and high lipophilic loads. This cream is formulated with natural ingredients, antioxidants, botanicals and herbal extracts, making it ideal for hormone replacement therapy.

HRT Cream Base is a heavy cream that is formulated from natural and paraben-free ingredients. The product is specifically designed for deeper skin penetration for male and female hormone replacement therapies, with stability and potency for all hormone API's.

Niosome Cream Base is a technology-enhanced transdermal base, promoting more rapid and extensive transdermal absorption than traditional liposomal bases. The product is designed with stable emulsion to protect from API degradation, and has a smooth, less greasy texture than liposome bases.

Niosome Cream Heavy Base is a technology-enhanced transdermal base, promoting more rapid and extensive transdermal absorption than traditional liposomal bases. The product is formulated for APIs with high molecular weight or in high concentrations, without reducing viscosity.

Niosome Hormone Cream Base is a technology-enhanced base designed for hormone therapy, being capable of promoting absorption of hormones/APIs that are lipophilic, hydrophilic or amphiphilic. The product's hypoallergenic formulation contains no perfumes, dyes or parabens.

Niosome Hormone Cream Heavy Base is a technology-enhanced base designed for hormone therapy, beingcapable of promoting absorption of hormones/APIs that are lipophilic, hydrophilic or amphiphilic. The product's hypoallergenic formulation contains no perfumes, dyes or parabens. This base is able to deliver high concentrations of API's, permitting low volume administration.

What is your application? 

Applications/Properties

Pain

Sports

Dermatology

Veterinary

BHRT

Durabase Advanced Cream

   

Durabase Cream

   

Lipocream Base

 

Omnibase

HRT Cream Botanical Base

       

HRT Cream Base

       

Niosome Cream Base

 

Niosome Cream Heavy Base

 

Niosome Hormone Cream Base

     

Niosome Hormone Cream Heavy Base

     

 

Why Choose Durabase Advanced Cream?

  • Increased stability with a high percent of APIs & multiple actives

  • Validated in vitro transdermal vehicle up to 8 APIs in one formulation

  • Less sticky & less tacky because of silogel (silicone-based organogel)

  • Off-white, cosmetically elegant cream

  • API compatibility – compatible with all actives, non-specific to salt

  • Time saving – ready-to-use base, no need for wetting or adding thickening agents

  • Ideal for formulations with multiple actives & high API loads

Durabase Advanced Cream Properties:

 

pH

7.1 - 7.5

pH Compatibility

Broad Range

Specific Gravity

0.90 g/mL

Viscosity

1,200,000 cps

Physical Format

Heavy Cream

Color

Off White

Transdermal Penetration

++++

API Compatibility

Hydrophilic 30% & Lipophilic 40% - Total API Load - 40%

Typical Applications

Pain Management, Sports Medicine, Veterinary Medicine


 

Why Choose Durabase Cream?

  • Efficacious active drug absorption

  • In vitro transdermal penetration & API compatibility

  • Temperature stable & shelf stable

  • Hydrophilic compatibility – high levels of ionic powders can be directly incorporated

  • Lipophilic compatibility – moderate levels of oil-soluble powders can be levigated with glycerin, propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol (PEG) 300 or 400, or alcohol

  • Cosmetically elegant – not tacky or sticky

  • Natural ingredients – resulting in less irritation

Durabase Cream Properties:

 

pH

7.0

Specific Gravity

1.00 g/mL

Viscosity

300,000 cps

Physical Form

Heavy Cream

Color

Light Beige

Transdermal Penetration

++++

API Compatibility

Hydrophilic 35% & Lipophilic 10% - Total API Load - 35%

Typical Applications

Pain Management, Sports Medicine, Veterinary Medicine


 

Why Choose Lipocream Base?

  • Cosmetically elegant – excellent moisturizing effect

  • Faster absorption & deeper penetration than HRT bases

  • API compatibility – virtually all actives Natural preservatives

  • Water & oil-soluble

  • Ideal for cosmetic facial applications

  • Paraben-free, fragrance-free and dye-free

Lipocream Base Properties:

 

pH

6.0

Specific Gravity

1.00 g/mL

Viscosity

250,000 cps

Format

Heavy Cream

Color

White

Natural Ingredients

Yes

Transdermal Penetration

++++

API Compatibility

Hydrophilic 10% & Lipophilic 10% - Total API Load 20%

Typical Applications

Dermatology, Pain Management, Immunotherapy, Sports Medicine

Recommended Use

Higher API Loads, Dry/Dehydrated Skin, Chemical Peels, Pigmentation Treatments


 

Why Choose Omnibase?

  • Mineral oil-free, gluten-free, and propylene glycol-free

  • Noncomedogenic

  • Enhanced drug absorption & penetration

  • Ideal for topical & vaginal preparations

  • Stable over a broad range pH

  • API compatibility – hydrophilic & lipophilic

  • Natural ingredients – moisturizers derived from berries, grapes, plums, and pears & emulsifiers derived from vegetable fatty acids & palm oil; thickening agents derived from coconut oil

Omnibase Properties:

pH

7.0

Specific Gravity

0.90 g/mL

Viscosity

250,000 cps

Physical Format

Heavy Cream

Color

White

Transdermal Penetration

++

API Compatibility

Hydrophilic 10% & Lipophilic 20% - Total API Load - 30%

pH Compatibility

3.0-11.0

Salt Tolerance

Salt Forms - 10%

Solvent Compatibility

Polar & Non-polar

Typical Applications

Hormone Replacement (topical & vaginal), Dermatology,
Pain Management, Sports Medicine


 

Why Choose HRT Cream Botanical Base?

  • Sustained skin penetration and absorption

  • Paraben-free, fragrance-free and dye-free

  • Natural ingredients & natural preservatives

  • Added antioxidants, botanicals, and herbal extracts

  • Certified hypoallergenic

  • Cosmetically elegant

  • Ideal for topical or vaginal preparations

HRT Cream Botanical Base Properties:

 

pH

6.5

Specific Gravity

1.00 g/mL

Viscosity

60,000 cps

Physical Format

Light Cream

Color

Light Beige

Natural Ingredients

Yes

Transdermal Penetration

++

API Compatibility

Lipophilic 20%

Typical Applications

Hormone Replacement


 

Why Choose HRT Cream Base?

  • Sustained skin penetration and absorption

  • Paraben-free, fragrance-free and dye-free

  • Natural ingredients & natural preservatives

  • Certified hypoallergenic

  • Cosmetically elegant

  • Ideal for topical or vaginal preparations

  • Stability/potency of 180 days for common hormone API's

HRT Cream Base Properties:

 

pH

7.5

Specific Gravity

1.04 g/mL

Viscosity

165,000 cps

Physical Format

Cream

Color

White

Natural Ingredients

Yes

Transdermal Penetration

+++

API Compatibility

Lipophilic 40%

Typical Applications

Hormone Replacement


 

Why Choose Niosome Cream Base?

  • Smooth Texture and provide less oily feel than liposomes

  • Enhanced rate and extent of adsorption of common API's

  • Capable of entrapping hydrophilic, lipophilic and amphiphilic API's in the Niosome

Niosome Cream Base Properties:

 

pH

4.0 – 8.0

Specific Gravity

0.90-1.10 g/mL

Viscosity

60,000 cps

Physical Format

Light Cream

Color

Off-White

Transdermal Penetration

++++

API Compatibility

Hydrophilic 10%, Lipophilic 10%, Amphiphilic 10% Total API Load 20%

Typical Applications

Dermatology, Pain Management, Sports Medicine, Veterinary
Medicine


 

Why Choose Niosome Cream Heavy Base?

  • Higher API loads and solvent concentrations

  • Enhanced rate and extent of adsorption of common API's

  • Smooth and less oily than liposomes

  • Capable of entrapping hydrophilic, hydrophobic and amphiphilic APIs in the Niosome

Niosome Cream Heavy Base Properties:

 

pH

4.0 – 8.0

Specific Gravity

0.90-1.10 g/mL

Viscosity

110,000 cps

Physical Format

Heavy Cream

Color

Off-White

Transdermal Penetration

++++

API Compatibility

Hydrophilic 30%, Lipophilic 40%, Amphiphilic 30% Total API Load 40%

Typical Applications

Dermatology, Pain Management, Sports Medicine, Veterinary
Medicine


 

Why Choose Niosome Hormone Cream Base?

  • Contains no perfumes or dyes

  • Paraben free

  • Sustained transdermal penetration of lipophlic, hydrophilic and amphiphilic APIs

  • Ideal for vaginal preparations

Niosome Hormone Cream Base Properties:

 

pH

4.0 – 8.0

Specific Gravity

0.90-1.10 g/mL

Viscosity

9,000 cps

Physical Format

Light Cream

Color

Off-White

Transdermal Penetration

+++

API Compatibility

Lipophilic 20%, Hydrophilic 10%, Amphilphilic 10%
Total API Load 20%

Typical Applications

Hormone Replacement, Dermatology


 

Why Choose Niosome Hormone Cream Heavy Base?

  • Higher API loads and solvent concentrations

  • Contains no perfumes or dyes

  • Paraben free

  • Sustained transdermal penetration of lipophlic, hydrophilic and amphiphilic APIs

  • Ideal for vaginal preparations

Niosome Hormone Cream Base Properties:

 

pH

4.0 – 8.0

Specific Gravity

0.90-1.10 g/mL

Viscosity

110,000 cps

Physical Format

Heavy Cream

Color

Off-White

Transdermal Penetration

+++

API Compatibility

Hydrophlic 30%, Lipophilic 40%, Amphiphilic 30%
Total API Load 40%

Typical Applications

Hormone Replacement, Dermatology

Learn more

Labconco Hoods Read more >>

Formulations Read more >>

Industry News Read more >>

Trusted Since 1971

Spectrum has been serving compounders and scientists for nearly five decades, and we've earned the trust of quality-driven industries by continually investing in our infrastructure, instrumentation, regulatory compliance and personnel. We know that our chemical products are only as good as the analytical tests and documentation prove them to be. We perform more than 15,000 analytical tests per year in our 4 globally-located analytical laboratories. Spectrum has been a privately-owned business since 1971, treating our employees and customers as part of the Spectrum family all along. Through this dedication, we have earned the trust of tens of thousands of loyal customers. Spectrum understands the cost concerns of our customers and is committed to providing the highest quality of products and the most competitive prices to our quality-driven customers.

                                 Start Ordering Today 

Copyright © 2013-present Magento, Inc. All rights reserved.